jump to main content
Cookie Policy
Opening Hours

08.00 to 18.30 Monday to Friday


Repeat Prescription by Email

You can now order your repeat prescription Online - Click button below to go to a secure server:

repeat perscription

This may take a few seconds - please only click once.

Repeat Prescriptions
Patient Access System

If you prefer to request your repeat prescription via Patient Access you will need to register with the practice to obtain your unique identification number and then proceed to this link:


Home Medical Chest ...

  • Paracetamol mixture and tablets
  • Soluble Aspirin
  • Sedative cough linctus
  • Albus oil or Karvol capsules
  • Electrolyte replacement sachets
  • Calamine lotion
  • Antihistamines
  • Elastoplast strips
  • Sharp scissors
  • Cotton wool
  • Antiseptic lotion
  • Thermometer
  • Tweezers

Self Help


Take plenty of fluids, paracetamol or (if over 16 years old), aspirin. Inhalation of steam with Karvol or menthol crystals can help clear the nasal passages as can decongestants such as Sudafed or Sinex. You should consult your GP if the symptoms have not improved in 7 to 10 days.


Can be soothed by a drink made from honey and lemon in hot water. Steam inhalations and cough linctuses can also be helpful.

Sore Throats

If over 16, gargle with soluble aspirin or dissolved salt in water. For younger patients use paracetamol syrup.


As for coughs, try also steam inhalations, rest your voice and avoid smoke.


This is usually characterised by an unusually high temperature and aching muscles and joints. Take paracetamol, plenty of fluids and rest at home. Try not to spread the infection.


Children often run high temperatures without any other symptoms. When they have been cooled down they will feel a lot better. Remove clothing and sponge down or immerse in a bath of lukewarm water. Give paracetamol syrup.


Usually responds to anti-histamines which are available from your local pharmacy.

Diarrhoea and Vomiting

Take small amounts of clear fluids as frequently as possible and avoid any dairy products. Electrolyte replacement mixture is helpful if symptoms are severe or prolonged. Alternatives are clear fruit drinks or flat lemonade or cola.

Ear Ache

This is common in children and can be distressing and painful.
It is important to give paracetamol as soon as possible. If symptoms persist contact your GP the next day.

Head Lice

Most children are infested at some time. There is little evidence that medication is more effective than combing the hair with a fine tooth comb. The surgery can provide you with a detailed information sheet to assist you.

Health Help Now

Find health help with NHS website and app

The NHS in Kent and Medway has a free website and app to help you find the right treatment, especially when you are not sure what to do or who to contact.

Whether you have a baby with a high temperature, a child who is being sick, a teenager who is feeling low or you have sprained your ankle and for many other health problems, the Health Help Now web app can guide you to the service that will help you best.

New features available on the Apple and Android versions include a health wallet, where users can make notes about symptoms or questions they may need to ask a GP, keep a list of health appointments and contacts, save favourite pages from Health Help Now and view other useful apps.

Health Help Now lists common symptoms for people of all ages and helps you find the best place for treatment for them in the local area. It shows the nearest services, whether they are open or closed, and provides a map of their location and directions.

Health Help Now also offers reliable health advice and links to other useful websites. Available at www.healthhelpnow-nhs.net, it works on smartphones, tablets, and computers. To find the downloadable apps, just search Health Help Now at the Apple Store and the Android Google Play Store.

Why not download it to your device now so you have it to hand when you need it?

If you don't have internet access, or if you need medical help fast but it isn't a 999 emergency, dial 111.